CHAR’D Brisket Dogs + Burgers is excited to introduce Chef Jared Lupin as the new chef-partner at CHARD Brisket Dogs + Burgers in Tempe. Chef Lupin is well known in the Valley for launching Umami Ramen and as the executive chef of Republic Ramen. He was featured on the Travel Channel for his kangaroo burger and crocodile pot stickers featured at the Down Under Wine Bar. Chef Lupin also earned a spot on Eater’s list of 14 hottest ramen shops in the country.
CHAR’D has quickly gained a reputation in the Valley for their unique spin on traditional American comfort food featuring brisket dogs and brisket burgers. This marks the first in a line of upcoming collaborations with Chef Lupin and the Wade Foster Hospitality Group. Chef Lupin brings his experience in worldly cuisine to enhance the current menu and develop some exciting new additions:
New Brisket Dogs:
- The Kagogi – beef bulgogi, kimchi kraut, shaved cucumber, Gochujang mayo, green onions & sesame seeds
- Middle Feast – curry hummus, tomatoes, shaved cucumber, tzatziki, falafel crumble and parsley
- Grungy Dog – grilled onions, cream cheese & a spoon of poppy
New Chick’n Sandwiches:
- Cluckcasian – Beer battered chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato & mayo
- Southern Seoul – Beer battered chicken, kimchee kraut, green onion & Gochujang mayo
- Smashville Hottie – Beer battered chicken, pickles, Smashville sauce & topped with devil dust
New Brisket Burgers:
- Hatch’d Avocado Burger – Avocado, cheese, lettuce, jalapeno pico & hatch green chili crema
- Maui Wowie – Fried Spam, cheese, caramelized pineapple, grilled onions, sidewalk egg & Gochujang Mayo
Extra Large Shareable servings of Fries:
- The Shawarm Up – Chopped Shawarma dog, curry hummus, tomatoes, tzatziki, falafel crumble & parsley
- Beef Bulgogi Fries – Beef Bulgogi, kimchi kraut, Gochujang mayo, green onions & sesame seeds
Chef Lupin, a former graffiti artist, enlisted in the Army following 9/11 joining the Army’s Culinary Arts Program. He attended Woo song Culinary Academy in Daejeon South Korea where he found his true passion in the art of cooking. Lupin now describes his style as “world fusion”. He prefers using natural colors and textures as much as possible as well as incorporating flavors in a modern way.
“We were so impressed by Chef Lupin’s modern approach to food that we had to partner with him. We look forward to the relaunching of the CHAR’D menu and a number of collaborations in the near future with some of our existing brands and new concepts,” Michael Zimmerman, Co-CEO of Wade Foster Hospitality Group.
CHAR’D is located at “The Wedge” at 1015 S. Rural Rd #106 in Tempe, AZ, right next door to Ahipoki.